WELCOME TO MY BLOG




Saturday, August 23, 2008

Storm from Hell!

Around 1:00 p. m. yesterday, we had an extreme storm blow through Hollywood. With computer and TV not working and then of course, the mandatory power failure, I sat here in the dark, with lightening, house rattling thunder and high winds cut off from the rest of the world. This storm was worse than anything I experianced with TS Fay.

I think what disturbed me so much was the fact that I could not find a radio station that would tell me what is going on. I finally used my cell phone to get a weather report and found out that I was under a sever weather, tornado and flash flood warning. The storm just seemed to come from nowhere. Power was off for about 30 minutes and my DirecTV service popped on about 5 hours later. My AT&T DSL never came back up. Needless to say, I went to bed early.

No comments:


Blooms of Plunkett

Blooms of Plunkett
A Banana tree in the backyard in full bloom