WELCOME TO MY BLOG




Monday, August 18, 2008

Hunkered Down

I got the last minute things done this morning. Took the stool and wheelbarrow off of the patio and into the shed. After the garbage was picked up, I put the garbage bins and recycle bin into the "cage" in front of my front door and closed all of the accordion shutters. I also shuttered Squeaky's door.

I then made a quick run to Publix and got cat food and bread. I'm all ready.

I am a bit disturbed by the fact that today was the beginning of our monthly commingled garbage pick-up that continues through the week. People have mattresses, old chairs, furniture and appliance sitting on their swales or alleys. If the winds increase, these items will be very dangerous. I'm glad I closed the shutters for this very reason.

No comments:


Blooms of Plunkett

Blooms of Plunkett
A Banana tree in the backyard in full bloom