Hurricane Bill is hundreds of miles off the Atlantic coast but forecasters warn the storm is expected to cause dangerous waves and rip tides on Long Island beaches by Friday. New York state parks officials advise swimming only in lifeguard protected areas designated by green flags
Friday, August 21, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Hurricane Bill has become a Category 4 storm that is predicted not to hit the US, however, Ocean swells will be felt along the East coast of the US in the next four days.
Remnants of TD Ana is producing rain, heavy at times, in South Florida.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
I've been ordering a lot of food off of Amazon.com lately getting pretty good deals.
Tonight, I decided to "think out of the box" literally and 'doctor' a prepackaged dinner into something special.
This experiment was a success.
Using Betty Crocker Complete Meals, Chicken & Buttermilk biscuits, as a base, I created an Onion, Chicken and Cheese Pie. Using the Impossible Pie method, I created a wonderful savory pie. Here is what I did:
1 box of Betty Crocker Complete Meals "Chicken & Buttermilk Biscuits"
Milk (see instructions for amount)
1 small sweet onion, sliced 1/4 inch and separated into rings
1/4 teaspoon Tarragon Leaves
4 slices of Swiss Cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Using vegetable spray, grease a 9in pie plate.
2. From the kit, open can of Progressive Chicken and Four Garden Vegetable Sauce and drain into measuring cup, reserve.
3. Place onion rings in the bottom of pie plate.
4. Evenly distribute the rest of the can over the onion.
5. Break Swiss cheese into strips and place on vegetable mix; sprinkle with tarragon.
6. Add enough milk to reserve to make 1 1/2 cups of liquid. Pour into bowl.
7. Add eggs and beat with whisk until smooth.
8. Add Seasoning Blend pouch and beat with whisk until totally dissolved.
9. Add Bisquick from the kit and mix with whisk. The Batter will be thin.
10. Pour mixture into pie plate, covering the vegetables and chicken.
Bake for 45 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
The pie will make its own top and bottom crust. Let cool for at least 5 minutes (I waited 10) and cut.
To think that the owner of an abandoned house would think that wild dogs would ever be harmless - Watch Video. -- YIKES!
Disorganized showers & thunderstorms extending from near Haiti across easter cuba to the Southeaster and central Bahamas are associated with the remnants of TD ANA and an upper-level low pressure area.
It will be covering Southern Florida over the next day or so. This System (circled in yellow) shows no signs of regeneration at the time and there is a less than 30% chance of this system becoming a tropical cyclone again during the next 48 hours.