WELCOME TO MY BLOG




Saturday, October 18, 2008

Home Depot

I'm still sitting here in shock.

While taking my first sip of tea at 6:10 am this morning, I got a call from Home Depot. The guy said that my soil (which I ordered on Thursday for my garden) was about a block away and that I needed to move my car.

6:10 AM, Home Depot delivers! — I'm still in shock!

It seems that the driver lives three doors down from me in the next block and as he went to pick up his load, noticed a light on in the kitchen and assumed I was up. In reality, I wasn't, but had gotten up about 30 minutes before he called.

And I thought I would still be waiting for it at 5:30pm today.

Now I am waiting to see if the tree trimmers show up to do an estimate for me on a tree I need removed and the stump of the Mahogany tree that didn't make in through Hurricane Wilma in 2005. I really tried to save that tree, but eight months after the storm, I had to have it cut down completely. A 2-foot stump and roots remain.

No comments:


Blooms of Plunkett

Blooms of Plunkett
A Banana tree in the backyard in full bloom