WELCOME TO MY BLOG




Friday, September 5, 2008

I couldn't have said it better

Recent opinion posted by Jamie Lee Curtis:

Debate Not Relate

The scariest thing I hear about the Palin nomination was that she would appeal to voters because they would be able to relate to her and she to them. I get that. There are many places where relatability is key. I am a recovering addict alcoholic and finding another group that relates to my struggles is/was key to my sobriety. When I am at school I find myself grouping with others whose kids share the same issues, interests.

People tell me all the time that the More magazine article where I showed what my real body looked like in comparison to the air brushed images most women are fed, was important and made me relatable. That too is great. The problem is I may be relatable and share some of your experiences and concerns but you don't want me as president of United States.



Full Opinion Post

No comments:


Blooms of Plunkett

Blooms of Plunkett
A Banana tree in the backyard in full bloom