WELCOME TO MY BLOG




Saturday, May 2, 2009

New Camera

It saddened me this week that my 10-year-old Polaroid digital camera died. It was still taking pictures, but would not let me move, nor remove, the pictures to the computer.

When I purchased the PDC700, it was the best in its price range and remained so for at least 3 years. However, technology and time marches on and I found myself this weekend in the market for a new camera.

My budget for this one was much less than for the old one, plus what I would need the camera for is different for when I purchased my old camera. The old camera was to be used for professional photography for websites that I was updating for customers. I no longer do that.

I needed a camera to take pictures of my garden and changes that I make to my house. Simple. Now, I'm feeling my age when I found out that a viewfinder has become obsolete. Who knew that such a device would not be available with digital cameras in the twenty-first century.

Oh well, I will need to learn how to use that viewer that I never cut on with my old camera.

In my search, I first went to Polaroid's website. I didn't like anything there, plus they do not have an online store. I then went to the Apple Store website to see what camera they were suggesting for my iMAC. (any camera, these days, I found out) They were selling Cannon. I could not afford their selections.

I then went to Kodak's website and found a nice little camera that was on sale and available directly from Kodak. (see picture) I don't believe I have ever seen a purple camera before, but I now own one.

The Kodak Easyshare M1063 had a 4.4 stars out of 5 from sixty reviewers. It had all the features I was looking for and then some.

With the 20% discount (online, weekend sale), and the additional purchase of a camera travel case plus taxes, the order came to $116.55. The shipping was free with a delivery time frame of 3-8 business days and I felt that a case (simple black camera case) is good to keep dust off of the camera and to keep the lens from becoming scratched.

One feature I really like with this Kodak camera is the re-chargeable battery and AC recharger. That feature would have been nice on my old camera. I spent a small fortune on batteries.

No comments:


Blooms of Plunkett

Blooms of Plunkett
A Banana tree in the backyard in full bloom