WELCOME TO MY BLOG




Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cactus in Bloom

When I purchased this home on Plunkett Street four years ago, there were several plants/trees in pots all around the property ... something that I cannot abide. A tree or tropical plant in the sub-tropics should be planted in the ground if you own any kind of lot. This blooming cactus was one of these plants found in a pot.

it was about as tall as it is now, but it only had one set up leaves that were very small and a single bloom. I didn't move it, as it seemed at home next to the mail box; I planted it there.

It loses its leaves in the winter, but rewards in the spring with dark green leaves and lovely white blooms. Even with the lack of rain this year, it was a delight to see the blooms today when I went to get the mail. (click photo for enlargement.)

No comments:


Blooms of Plunkett

Blooms of Plunkett
A Banana tree in the backyard in full bloom