WELCOME TO MY BLOG




Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas to me!

As I have said in an earlier post, December is not my month.

Yesterday morning, I got up early to start washing bed linens and clothes for my much anticipated company from family on the 29th. Much to my dismay, my 13-month old washing machine refused to work.

Being one month out of the warranty, I had no other choice than to purchase a new machine via Sears.com.

Since I'm low on funds at this time, I went with the cheapest. This machine was not available 13 months ago, however. At that time, none of their cheaper machines were lighter on water usage nor energy efficient. This unit was also on sale, however, no expensive enough to forgo the $65 delivery charge. Oh well.. the $57 savings on this Kenmore 400 3.2 cu. ft. Capacity Top-Load Washer, almost covered the delivery. I will continue to dry the clothes on the line outside.

Their website has become more friendly than 13 months ago when I was last in the market for a washer. This is the fourth washing machine I've had in this house, and with my luck, it won't be the last. The new washing machine will be delivered Christmas Eve.

I truly believe that we need these appliances made with good old US-worker ethic of producing well-built, long lasting appliances. These foreign-made units just don't last. Of course, FPL's electricity surges don't help either.

A gift I didn't want to have to get!

BAH HUMBUG!!!

No comments:


Blooms of Plunkett

Blooms of Plunkett
A Banana tree in the backyard in full bloom